Job opening: Head of Biathlon Integrity Unit
The Biathlon Integrity Unit (BIU) has been established at the IBU Extraordinary Congress in Munich, 18-20 October 2019. To implement the IBU Congress’ resolution on building this independent unit, which will centrally manage all integrity related issues concerning biathlon, the BIU Board is announcing the opening of the position of the BIU Head.
The Head of the BIU will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the BIU at an operational level, including managing the BIU staff, and developing and implementing the strategies, policies, and plans approved by the BIU Board. The Head of the BIU must strive to ensure that the BIU performs to the highest possible standards and operates in strict compliance with all relevant requirements. Further details on the responsibilities of the Head of the BIU are set out in the document below.
Requirements for the role
The Head of the BIU must have approximately 10 years' experience managing multi-disciplinary
teams in an international environment in the field of sport and/or integrity-related programmes.
Experience in handling anti-doping matters and applying World Anti-Doping Code compliant
anti-doping rules would be an advantage.
• Language requirements
Fluent in English (spoken and written).
A command of German is an asset, but not required.
• Location of the role
• Personal attributes
- Impeccable integrity.
- Outstanding management and leadership skills.
- Team-oriented and capable of motivating people to work for a common goal in a positive
- Effective and open in communicating with others, across multi-cultural boundaries.
- Commitment to the role and strong work ethic.
- Analytical and disciplined thinker who has the ability to analyse complex issues and develop
effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to build trust and effective relationships with all stakeholders in biathlon.
- Strong track record of delivering against demanding targets.
- Ability to work under pressure and media exposure.
More detailed information on the Head of the BIU responsibilities, the selection process and how to apply can be found in the attached document.