Job Vacancy: Junior Cup Media Manager
With the IBU Junior Cup set to resume in the upcoming season 2021/2022, the International Biathlon Union (IBU) is looking for a Junior Cup Media Manager to provide on-site coverage for its junior events and support the IBU Communications Department in fulfilling its content strategy across all competition series.
Your key responsibilities as the Junior Cup Media Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide reliable and creative coverage of Youth and Junior events on the IBU’s digital platforms
- Contribute to the overall IBU Communications Department content plan
- Manage media and stakeholder requests for Youth and Junior events
Knowledge, experience and skills
If you are interested in covering the Junior Cup next season, you should meet the following criteria:
- Be fluent in English (oral and especially written); other language skills like German or Russian are an advantage.
- Have a strong background in social media event coverage and social media content creation
- Have a sense for finding interesting stories and following relevant storylines.
- Bring knowledge and a keen interest in biathlon
- Be able to work independently at events, but be a good team player
- Be able to travel to events of the IBU Junior Cup series over the course of the 2021/2022 season
- Have an academic background (enrolled in or completed a Bachelor's degree) and/or similar experience in sports journalism
- Skills in the editing of photo and video assets are an advantage (Adobe PS, Premiere and similar)
Documents required: short cover letter in your email, CV and examples of work experience
Applications to be transmitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 15 Sept 2021.