The Biathlon Integrity Unit is looking for an Intelligence Researcher/Analyst to join the team in Anif b. Salzburg, Austria.
Reporting to: Head of Biathlon Integrity Unit
OVERVIEW OF BIATHLON INTEGRITY UNIT
The Biathlon Integrity Unit is operationally independent from the governing body of Biathlon and is managed by the Head of the BIU who reports to the Biathlon Integrity Unit Board. The purpose of the BIU is to protect the integrity of biathlon from all forms of corrupt practice, including performance enhancement through doping and betting- related activities.
The remit of the BIU is to combat the threat of corruption, primarily through prevention, investigation and prosecution.
The BIU is committed to providing a safe, diverse and inclusive work environment. Having a team that offers different ideas and perspectives leads to better (and more creative!) problem solving.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS
As a Researcher and Analyst within the BIU you would be working with a small, close-knit and dedicated team, on a range of research, statistics and analysis projects. The purpose of this role is to conduct research across internal and external data sets and build a credible, in-house capability and deliver high quality analytical and research outputs. Through effective acquisition and development of evidence and intelligence, the BIU Researcher/ Analyst will protect integrity within the sport of Biathlon and the wider sporting community by:
• Leading and participating in intelligence projects, investigations, and prevention initiatives to include researching various data systems, analysing themes and providing information and reports in order to build prosecution cases.
• Conduct data analysis, with the ability to analyse complex topics from multiple angles.
• Access and assess large volumes of data and use the information to provide potential solutions and recommendations.
• Through use of advanced open-source techniques, develop subject profiles, create evidential products and identify prevention and disruption opportunities.
• Ensuring the quality, secure handling and dissemination of intelligence.
• Effective case management, creation and effective maintenance of BIUs records, including where necessary, operational or project/programme spreadsheets, case files and monthly reports.
• Promote professional standards and where appropriate, provide advice in relation to matters of misconduct relating to any member of the Biathlon Community. This may be during formal presentations to a large number of delegates.
Please find the full Job description here
Applications must be sent to the Head of the Biathlon Integrity Unit, Greg McKenna, at following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 6 April 2022.