The IBU aims to develop the potential of its National Federations members and to build sustainable systems, structures, and pathways from beginner to elite athletes. The IBU does this through the provision of educational resources and development support, that reinforce the delivery of structured development systems, projects, and activities.
IBU Development pillars concept is based on:
- Creating tools that can engage children all over the world to practice biathlon from an early age.
- Growing global participation in entry-level biathlon competitions (including IBU Junior and Youth events, IBU Cups, regional events, and junior national championships).
- Developing coach development resources, and courses to provide qualifications for our coaches and increase the interest in our sport.
- Increasing the qualification of technical officials, NFs' Staff, and IBU event managers.
- Increasing the interest of scientific research and innovation in biathlon.
- Supporting athletes to combine their careers with a sports career.
- Supporting athletes to prepare for life after sport.
- Building the capacity of existing members to better regulate, promote, and develop the sport on a national level.
- Increasing the number of (active) members joining the IBU.
The concept is realised through ongoing projects:
- NF financial support
- IBU IOC Camps
- IBU Coach Seminars
- Material distribution
- IBU Regional Events
and upcoming projects:
- IBU Academy
- IBU Development projects
For further details contact:
IBU Development Director
Dr. Dagmara Gerasimuk