The IBU Development Department is seeking an Education Coordinator, mainly responsible for the IBU Academy's projects at an operational level, including IBU Education and Research activities. The Education Coordinator is supervised by the Education Manager and supported by colleagues within the departments.
The Education Coordinator must ensure that the IBU Academy performs to the highest possible standards and operates in strict compliance with all relevant requirements.
Job Description and Requirements
The IBU Development Department has started several projects within the IBU Academy to provide educational activities. The main goal is to support the development of biathlon and the IBU´s National Federations. The Education Coordinator will support the Education Manager with all projects in terms of Education and Research.
The Education Coordinator will:
1. Support the IBU Development Department with reaching the IBU Academy's goals regarding Education and Research.
2. Support the Education Manager with running and coordinating education activities like courses, seminars, workshops, and other forms of education.
3. Support the Education Manager with the development and the implementation of projects following the IBU Coach education framework, including the administrative work in terms of syllabuses, policies, teaching, and learning strategies.
4. Ensure a well-organized management and communication process with lecturers, experts, and learners within the educational activities.
5. Support the organization, management, and communication process of IBU research activities.
6. Support the Education Manager with publishing learning materials and information about education and research activities.
7. Support the Development Department with activities in terms of public relations, including website administration, brochures, graphics, videos, and other materials.
IBU Education Coordinator must have:
• Relevant experience in the field of learning and development.
• Knowledge and interest in a sports-related environment.
• Excellent working knowledge of sports- and training science.
• Ability to identify training needs, develop and implement training strategies and evaluate learning outcomes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent verbal and written English.
• Ability to work collaboratively to build and facilitate strong internal and external relationships.
• Able to work under pressure, prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
• Attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks.
• Good organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• University Master’s Degree or equivalent in an area related to Education, Physical Education Development, Sports Studies, or related field
• Experience in scientific working and publishing
• Another language, particular German would be beneficial
Salary and benefits:
• Salary on request
• Core working hours: 38.5 hours per week
• 25 days annual leave plus Austrian public holidays
Selection process and vetting procedure:
The selection process will include one or more interviews, to be held in person and/or remotely at a time to be specified.
To be selected for the role, a candidate must be ‘Eligible’, as defined in Article 26.2 of the IBU Constitution. The Vetting Panel (made up of the three independent members of the BIU Board) will determine whether the candidates are ‘Eligible’ following a vetting process (as set out in Article 27 of the IBU Constitution, and in the Vetting Rules). Candidates (if selected) will be required to submit a duly completed ‘Vetting Disclosure Form’ for this purpose.
The IBU Constitution, Integrity Code, BIU Rules, and Vetting Rules are available at: https://www.biathlonintegrity.com/
How to apply:
Applications must be sent to the IBU Education Manager, Gerold Sattlecker, email@example.com, no later than 7 April 2022 and must include the following information/documents:
• A curriculum vitae with contact details including address (work and home), telephone numbers (including mobile), and email address;
• A letter of application (of 1-2 pages) explaining why the candidate is applying for the role and addressing the key selection criteria;
• Contact details for three referees and (if available) reference letters from each of those referees (it is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that referees are willing to provide a reference when contacted by any member of the selection team); and
• The earliest date that the candidate could start in the role, giving consideration to any time needed for notice requirements, relocation, and/or visa requirements (if applicable).
• The IBU is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from a fully diverse range of candidates, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, or disability.