Ten Top Moments at the 2018 IBU YJWCH
The 2018 IBU Youth/Junior World Championships just ended in Otepaa, and are now a part of history. It brought many different emotions to all the participants; some athletes were happy to leave Estonia with the medals in the hands, for others their dreams did not come true and they did not achieve their goals. IBU photographer Evgeny Tumashov captured the moments of happiness and pain, triumph, and disappointment for the rising stars.
1. The first competition days, cold and windy were a real challenge for all the teams.
2. Elvira Oeberg gave everything to take home three Gold medals from Estonia.
3. Igor Malinovskii became the most titled junior champion with five Gold medals after two IBU Youth/Junior World Championships.
4. Kamila Zuk flew over the snowy tracks to get her first-ever championship medal.
5. The windy shooting range brought many problems during those seven days of competitions.
6. The pure happiness on Sverre Dahlen Aspenes’ face after snatching the Bronze medal in the final meters.
7. A historic fourth place for Greenland and tears of joy from Ukaleq Astri Slettemark.
8. It seemed like everyone was excited to have a picture with the local mascot.
9. The Russian team dominated in Otepaa with 15 medals.
10. French junior teammates, with two Big Crystal Globes, finish the season by winning the IBU Junior Cup Total Score.