Job Notice – General Manager, Biathlon Canada
Biathlon Canada, the National Sport Organization for biathlon in Canada, is seeking an independently minded and highly motivated individual to fill the position of General Manager for its operations. The successful candidate will be expected to lead Biathlon Canada to long term success through the next two Olympic cycles.
The General Manager is a key leadership position in the organization providing support to Biathlon Canada’s international and domestic programs.
This is a full-time position based in Canmore, Alberta.
A successful candidate should possess:
• The ability to manage a broad and diverse work load with strong problem solving abilities
• 5-10 years of hands on management experience including familiarity with operating administrative aspects of business including accounting and staff management
• Strong marketing skills
• Resourceful and independent attitude which includes accepting responsibility for new tasks and alertness to opportunities to add value to Biathlon Canada
• Post-secondary education
• Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft software programs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English (essential) and French (highly desirable)
• Receptive to working in a changing and evolving work environment
• Flexibility & willingness to travel as necessary for meetings and events
• Familiarity with board governance processes a benefit
As a permanent full-time employee, the General Manager will be eligible for employee benefits in accordance with Biathlon Canada’s employee benefits policy. Salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience.
Applications should be in the form of a letter of application, with CV and three references,
submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to receive applications and references is May 25, 2018.